Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Reflecting on our new activity

Allowing students to use the familiar jigsaw activity, but present their learning in so many ways definitely shows the use of diverity in one's plans.
As a teacher, I must change the status quo of projects in my classroom and become the facilitator rather than that dispenser of knowledge. Using these activities helps me to see my students' true learning and personalities. These skills are important to continue to see myself as a continuing learner and communicate with the the 21st century students.

2 comments:

  1. I like your phrase about being a facilitator as opposed to a dispenser of knowledge. The ideas we are seeing are so "eye-opening" about possibilites for the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that we need to become facilitators and not just the dispenser. I think the biggest challenge that teachers face with using technology is they are not comfortable with using it themselves. In some ways, the teacher will have to rely on the student to teach them.

    ReplyDelete